Senior Software Engineer
Works with team to develop advanced Artificial Intelligence based on a quantum mechanics approach; designing, developing and installing software solutions; and supporting the cognition team. Advanced PHP 7 and Graph Database Knowledge. High ability to perform benchmark tests and algorithm analysis. Must be able to obtain high-level security clearance.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a member of Cognition Development Team and will manage development of advanced artificial intelligence, implementing new algorithms developed by the cognition team. Will provide a strategic approach to the operational functionality of distributed systems delivering high performance and high security; driving accountability; enhancing stability, scale, quality; and designing analyzing processes and metrics that enable the organization to meet its objectives.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with cognition team; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle; and conducting algorithmic analysis.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Implementing and developing distributed systems.
- Supports and develops new and innovative ideas and determines feasibility of cognitive algorithms.
- 10+ years professional Software Engineering
- 5+ years distributed systems
- Strong analytic and mathematical skills
- Ability to manage multiple virtual and global work streams
- Advanced PHP 7 experience
- 5+ years developing software in PHP
- Advanced Graph Database knowledge
- 3+ years Developing Graph databases
- Advanced Algorithm analysis
- 7+ years Software Documentation
- 7+ years Software Development Fundamentals
- Ability to work on and with a team
- Sense of humor, ability to joke around with coworkers and take a joke even in high-stress situations is required for the position
- General Programming and Engineering Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Algorithm analysis
- Software Testing
- Development Fundamentals
- Software Architecture
- Software Requirements
- Software Development Process
- Advanced PHP
- Advanced Graph Databases
- Designing software for distributed systems